Thursday 29 May 2008

At The Beginning I Weighed.....

Here's some shocking statistics people:-
On Monday I weighed 15stone 4.8lbs
My Bust was 45
My Waist was 41
My Hips were 51
My BMI was 36.7
My body fat% was 49.2
I am only 5foot 4

I am totally ashamed of these figures but that's it now - posted for the world to see and never will they ever be this awful again.

I have a fabulous set of the old fashioned EKS scales which I know are highly accurate however, my eyesight leaves a lot to be desired, and as I weigh myself first thing in the morning without my glasses I really can’t see the accurate weight so off I popped and bought myself a set of the Lloyds Pharmacy BMI and Fat % scales which I can see a treat.

I know you shouldn't weigh yourself every day but it's the only thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I lost 2lb then a pound and then a pound so I am now 4lb lighter. I’m not going to start gloating yet because I know all about fluctuations and what not.

There is an absolutely fantastic thread on the bbc health messageboard http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbhealth/F2671778?thread=5491038 which is basically exactly the same as I’ve started just that quite a few people have joined in there – come on you know you want to!

Everyone is posting what they’re eating and how much exercise they’re doing and there’s going to be an online weigh in on Monday.

What I picked up from there which I think is really important is preparation and planning. My downfall (excuse) in the past has been I haven’t had the right foods in. Today I did a “proper” shop with tons of fresh fruit and veg, chicken, tuna, brown rice, wholewheat pasta I also bought in “standbys” Stag tinned chilli. I know it won’t be to everyones’s taste but for me it’s a lifesaver. Can be prepared in minutes and whilst not the lowest calorie food in the world certainly better than the chippy fish and chips alternative.

Anyone want to share their lifesavers?

Just in case anyone’s shy and want to share ideas but not as comments you can contact me at weightlossforlife@live.com

1 comment:

TriGirl Thea said...

Ok then. Count me in. I insist that you give me til Monday to prepare though.

Are you going to shift your triathlon stuff over here too....since sport and weighloss go hand in hand...or are you gonna keep then separate?