Monday 9 June 2008

No Training = Weight Gain - Simple

Not a good week in terms of weight loss - I’ve put on 3 pounds, but a very good learning curve.

The plan for the week was no alcohol and no takeaways which I managed with comparative ease.

The plan was no training because of work commitments and generally seeing if no training would stop me feeling so tired. I’m still tired and obviously the lack of training has meant the gain in weight so the plan for this week is

No alcohol
No takeaways
No Carbs after 7pm
Back to training

Just a little footnote. The ankle I broke 3 years ago has come up like a balloon the last day or two. I need to get it checked.

Lessons learned this week from others:-

“One of the best pieces of advice I've been given was to make a note of what you eat, then half an hour after you've eaten, really think about how you feel - mentally, physically, emotionally and also if you have any cravings. Do the same again two hours after you ate.I learnt a lot about my own body through doing this exercise. I used to eat a lot of pasta, but realised I felt exhausted after eating it and had serious sugar cravings. So I cut back in favour of rice, potatoes and extra veg. Just through this one simple change I feel much more alert and energetic.Try it, and see what you learn about your own body. Experiment with different foods and let your body tell you what is wrong and right for it.“

No comments: