Monday 16 February 2009

Start Again....



Yesterday I weighed….

16stone 3lb

Well that’s that then. I’ve put on everything I’ve lost plus 3lb in a week. Why? Guess I was lulled into a false sense of security. By being able to eat what I wanted, when I wanted and still consistently lose 2lb a week had an absolute gorge and basically gained 11lb in a week.

Was a massive slap in the face but I think the wake up call I’ve needed. Chirk is 10 weeks yesterday. I weighed 15stone when I did it last year. I am undoubtedly much fitter but there’s no way I’m going to make any impact unless I lose at least 3 stone (yup in 10 weeks! If 11lb can go on in a week it can jolly well come off in a week!)

So where do I go from here?

Got all the books out yesterday. There was much weeping and wailing. The Atkins I know delivers the most dramatic results but I am so terrified of making myself ill. Best option, me thinks is Rosemary Connelly’s GI Jeans, plus all the Paul McKenna “techniques.”

Saw a lorry this week with “One life! Live it!” That’s what I wanted on my wrist band. I ended up with “U only have one life.” Not as articulate but the same sentiment? I watched an old “A Touch of Frost” on Saturday night. There were two paedophiles who wore elastic bands around their wrists. A self hypnosis tool of when they had the urge, touch the band. Ok my mind is warped I am no paedophile but using the Paul McKenna technique of touching third finger and thumb in a moment of weakness, my one life band will become my crutch.

For a long, long time the plan has been to do a very specific 10 week Olympic triathlon training plan in the 10 weeks prior to Chirk. I am absolutely determined to follow it. I should have swum this morning I ran instead. A 5k Time Trial. It took me 40minutes. I have 10 weeks to take off 10 minutes. I really struggled. I am capable of running almost double this distance over a much harder route. The excess weight made a huge impact. Losing 3 stone will have an even bigger impact.

The plan – no alcohol, early nights, 6 days a week “hard, consistent” training.

I share these photos with you because I need to see how bad I’ve let things get.

No comments: