Tuesday 27 January 2009

Week 3 - Hopefully Without Too Much Information!

Been a while. Been a while for a reason.

My obsession with food sort of disappeared. From being constantly hungry, or so I thought, to never feeling hungry is quite an achievement. It’s a very difficult thing to explain so please excuse the waffle.

I was constantly on a diet. Constantly not eating this or that. Constantly telling myself I would lose x amount of pounds in x amount of weeks. Telling myself that I could realistically be 5 dress sizes smaller in 6 months.

What it all boiled down to was food/diet/weight loss was always on my mind, every waking and often dreaming moment.

Sticking to the diet for a week or so saw results but then came the “I’ve lost 6lb this week, what harm will a packet of tortillas of a bottle of wine do?” In theory not a lot but in practice it was sabotage and I’d failed so why not have two packets of tortillas, half a box of crackers, a pound of cheese and a bottle of wine, and that’s how the downward spiral to failure would go.

By doing this Paul McKenna it’s put things into perspective. There is a great deal more to life than losing weight. His rules are not restricting but liberating.

I ate incredibly healthily Monday to Friday. I had a take away and a bottle of wine on Saturday and on Sunday because I was so busy forgot to eat until about 3pm (yup this is me!) The repercussions were a bit of a disaster. I didn’t fancy any tea and then ended up snacking all evening, and consuming another bottle of wine.

The thing is though I haven’t broken the rules and I’m back to my healthy in the week routine.

Exercise wise last week wasn’t amazing either

Monday I really needed to rest after 7 consecutive days.

Tuesday – had a massive argument with the duvet. It wasn’t particularly my body that was tired I just couldn’t wake up. Eventually I won and tootled off to the gym for what wasn’t one of my best cross trainer sessions but at least I did it.

Wednesday - walking across the car park in work, slipped and twisted my knee. Didn’t actually fall but it was a tad painful. Instead of running I went swimming

Attempted a brick session in the gym on Thursday but had to curtail the run after 5 minutes as major problems with my knee.

Friday was a scheduled rest and as I anticipated running long Saturday and biking long on Sunday didn’t worry too much. Unfortunately a problem with mould and new bookcases meant nothing over the weekend

Taught me another valuable lesson as I didn’t find humping books up the stairs particularly easy. The books weighed considerably less than the weight I’ve got to lose.

I think I’m losing inches rather than weight though. Jim said to me the other night “You know what Mum? Your boobs are now bigger than your belly” Backhanded? It’s a compliment in my books.

“Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out”
John Wooden

“The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age”
Lucille Ball

“Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness”
Chinese Proverb

“A Man cannot be comfortable without his own approval”
Mark Twain

“Failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day”
Jim Rohn

“Always act as if you have achieved what it is you are setting out to accomplish”
Joe D Batten

“Visualisation is daydreaming with a purpose”
Bo Bennett

No comments: